Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Get smarter - Eat Pig Brain


I have previous heard Chinese persons full series state that you will run faster if you eat chicken feet. Recently I was informed that you will be smarter if you eat the Brain of a Pig. Obvious a Chinese friend think I was in need of it, so now I have also eating this "delicacy".

Chinese HotPot, 火锅, (huǒguō) is more or less the same as we call Fondue, which means that you by your self cock the food in some spicy broth, and this was the way I was eating the Pig Brain. After boiling for a while, it become gray and easy fall apart.

I am bad to describe different tastes, so my report will be a disaster:
The "meat" consistency is like an extreme small particular powder that pressed together to become a solid paste. A maybe sick comparing is that is some way was similar to Goose Liver, or even also Tooth Paste(!).
I have some kind of psychologic defense that I have to pass when I shall try to eat extreme things - like Brain, and my spontaneous feeling is often that it tastes awful, and so also for this Pig Brain - but next time it will be more easy. (The first killing is the hardest)

It is not so usual to find Pig Brain in the menus in Beijing, but from time to time you run into "offsiders" like this. If you like to eat extreme things, then the south of China is the place, with its maximum in Guangzhou, 广州.

Grishjärna, 猪脑, (zhūnǎo). A "delicacy" that makes you smarter?

No comments:

Post a Comment