Saturday, February 13, 2010

To buy glasses in Beijing


I normally use contact lenses, but I also use spectacles, 眼镜, yǎnjìng, in evenings and mornings. During the years I have bought a lot of glasses (and also contact lenses) i China because it is so cheep and simple. I have paid from little more then 100 RMB and more for a pair of glasses.

The communication is as usually the biggest problem, but I have successfully bought glasses also at the time I only could say nihao (hello). I have used three way to define the strength of the glasses:
1 - Classing eye-check. Thumps up or down depending on if the picture get better or worth. An interesting project.
2 - Bring a pair of existing glasses and they can measure the strength.
3 - Bring the recipe in figures that define your strength.

Normally they create your glasses very fast like in an hour or so, but if they are very busy it can take until the day after.

Optician can be found all aver Beijing - just take a walk and you will soon run into one. If you like to get a real over dose of spectacles, then go to "Beijing Glasses City", 双井眼镜城, (Shuāngjǐngyǎnjìngchéng) that is an area totally full of Optician and also a multi level building with only glasses for sale. "Beijing Glasses City" is located just east of Panjiayan-market

Beijing Glasses City
Dongsanhuan Nanlu 64
双井眼镜城
朝阳区东三环南路64号


Example of glasses for 260 RMB. Sometimes is the price only for the frame, and sometimes for the complete spectacles. This prices are always negotiable.



I making a mirror-portrait of my self in one of all glasses-shops at "Beijing Glasses City"

No comments:

Post a Comment