Thursday, March 11, 2010

V as in Victory


I use to reflect over that when Chinese people is been photographed they use to stand in a very strict "military" position with straight back, arms along there sides and head up. Specially in front of tourist attractions. This gives extreme boring pictures if you ask me - but the Chinese like it.

The last years I have seen an obvious changes in the behavior. Specially for the young people. These days they always have there index- and middle finger in V-shape when someone is in front of a camera. Also sometimes even in half formal pictures. If I ask them why the do the V-sign or what it means they usually dont have any good answer, but I take for sure that it is the classic Victory sign they have seen. Young Chinese really love to follow some west world behavior.

Normally it is needed to take at least two pictures when I photo Chinese people. The other one is after I told them to remove the stupid looking fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment